The studio house Quartier am Hafen shows quarterly curated solo and group exhibitions of invited artists from various fields.
Since 2013 the Quartier am Hafen has been awarding the curatorial concept of its exhibition space Q18 to young, established curators to give them the opportunity to develop and position themselves. The period covers one year and includes 4 exhibitions in freelance work. The series mainly presents external artists in order to strengthen the artistic exchange in the neighbourhood.
The year 2020 was the occasion for us to focus more on digitalisation, new formats, new questions and the dialogue about them. We would like to expand and complement this with the curatorial exhibition concept for 2021. Therefore, we are looking for concepts that deal with this in the broadest sense.
Call for proposals:
– Curatorial series for the year 2020 with four exhibitions
– The 4 exhibitions are each sponsored by the city of Cologne and the Quartier am Hafen
– Experience with curatorial work
– Knowledge of project applications, cost finance plans and accounting
– Text security for documentation and press releases
– Team spirit
– locally active
The application should include
– CV (max. 1 Din A 4 page)
– Letter of motivation (max. 1 Din A 4 page)
– Concept of the exhibition series (max. 2 Din A 4 pages)
– possible pictorial documentation of past curatorial activities
Please apply exclusively by e-mail to email@example.com
Application deadline is 15.08.2020
You are welcome to get to know the Q18 in advance, just write me at the above mentioned email. Furthermore you can get impressions of the exhibitions of the last years in the archive, as well as a short description of the past and present curators.