Residence Exchange Program – Kyoto Art Center and Quartier am Hafen 2020
The cooperation partners Quartier am Hafen QaH and Kyoto Art Center KAC jointly offer a residency program each year, which offers artists from Cologne and artists from Kyoto the opportunity to apply for a 4-8 week residency / working time in the cooperative city/country.
In 2020, the Kyoto Art Center KAC invites a visual artist for 4-8 weeks in the period from 10.01.- 20.03.2020.
– The announcement is addressed to visual artists and media artists from Cologne
– The residence time is min. 4 weeks max. 8 weeks within this period 10.01. – 20.03.2020 – There is already an artistic idea / project for the time of the residency
– good knowledge of English
– the KAC covers the travel costs up to max. € 1,000. The flights are booked by the resident.
– The KAC offers accommodation near the KAC
– In Kyoto there will be 1.600€ available for the resident
– The KAC offers the possibility of an artist talk / open studio, but no final a exhibition
The application documents please only by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org (subject: Application Kyoto)
Submissions in English please
– motivation letter (max 1 page)
– CV (max 2 page)
– artistical proposal for the residency (max 2 pages)
– website, pictures, references of the own artistic work (optional)
– please tell us your possible period of residence
Application deadline is 31.08.2019